[cellml-dev] Errors in CellML files

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Errors in CellML files
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:05:46 +0100

Out of the approximately 2,000 cellml model files on models.cellml.org,
over half of them give me an error when I read them in with the CellML
API, of the form:

CellML Variable Po in component TempRLC has in interfaces, but is not
connected (directly or indirectly) to any variable with no in
interfaces;

The thing is, I don't actually care about this error at all--I'm not
trying to simulate anything, I'm only trying to translate the model, and
it should be perfectly possible to translate a model like this.

But the problem is that while I can report the text of the error to the
user, there are enough possible errors that I can't just ignore them all;
I have to assume that it's a 'real' error and not attempt the translation.

This is a new behavior of the API: the above error was not reported when
I originally wrote my code.

The documentation claims:

If there is an error, the result of any other operation on this CeVAS
object is undefined, and so other operations should not be performed.

So basically, I think this should not be an error. The model is perfectly
searchable and translatable as-is, and indeed was so until the error
message was added.

-Lucian