[cellml-dev] Errors in CellML files

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Errors in CellML files
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:37:29 +1200

On 23/09/11 06:05, Lucian Smith wrote:
> Out of the approximately 2,000 cellml model files on models.cellml.org,
> over half of them give me an error when I read them in with the CellML
> API, of the form:
>
> CellML Variable Po in component TempRLC has in interfaces, but is not
> connected (directly or indirectly) to any variable with no in
> interfaces;
>
> The thing is, I don't actually care about this error at all--I'm not
> trying to simulate anything, I'm only trying to translate the model, and
> it should be perfectly possible to translate a model like this.

Hi Lucian,

Can you remind me why you need to be using CeVAS? The whole point of
CeVAS is to map variables in components to their 'source' (that is, the
variable which is connected to them but is not an in variable).

Therefore, CeVAS, in its current form, is only useful for variables that
are ultimately connected up to a variable with no in interfaces.

This should apply for any complete models, but it won't apply to, say, a
model that is not a complete model, but is designed as a component to be
imported into another model.

If Antimony can't deal with these component models, then there is little
benefit to trying to translate them. If it can, I'd suggest doing a more
direct translation and letting Antimony work out the connections rather
than using CeVAS to flatten all the parts of the model into one.

Best wishes,
Andrew