[[cellml-dev] ] DENIS@home project

  • From: Jesús Carro Fernández <jcarro AT usj.es>
  • To: cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org
  • Cc: Joel Castro Mur <jcastro AT usj.es>
  • Subject: [[cellml-dev] ] DENIS@home project
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:22:19 +0200

I'm writing in this list to share with you a new CellML-based project we have started a few months ago: DENIS (Distributed computing, Electrophysiological models, Networking collaboration, In silico research, Sharing knowledge).

The idea of the project is to create a network of volunteers which will simulate a lot of variations of a CellML model. Using CellML files, the CellML API and the BOINC API, we are able to create a program that solves the CellML model in a BOINC project. Each volunteer receives the program and a configuration file which indicates: the model to simulate, the model constants to modify and the model variables to save. Until now, the solver is very simple but we want to improve it to permit to simulate fibers, tissues, etc.

The volunteer computing permits us to create a grid with a very high average floating point operations per second with a very low cost. Our idea is to open it to any researcher who needs computational capacity through a web interface. While we reach this goal, if any one wants to use the network, please, fell free to contact us. We can do it in a more "hand-made" way. We are open to sugestions, comments or ideas that could improve the project.

Finally, if you could share the project to get more volunteers, we will be very thankful. You can find more information on http://denis.usj.es and more statistics of the network on http://boincstats.com/en/stats/160/project/detail/overview

Syncerelly,

*Jesús Carro Fernández
*/San Jorge University/