[cellml-discussion] Web-based validator for CellML 1.0

  • From: jonathan.cooper at comlab.ox.ac.uk (Jonathan Cooper)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Web-based validator for CellML 1.0
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:33:56 +0000

* David Nickerson <d.nickerson at auckland.ac.nz> [2005-11-21 03:40]:
> >Fair enough. I wouldn't have made it an error if models didn't conform,
> >but thought giving a warning might be friendly.
>
> that also sounds good if its not too much work to implement.
>
> >I hope that clears the issue up a bit.
>
> yep - thanks for the explanation. I think I was getting confused with
> another issue...which is that in the attached simplified example there
> is an error with the cmeta:id attribute on the math element.
>
> The error message I'm getting from the validator is:
>
> Validation Result
>
> This file is NOT valid CellML 1.0.
> Errors:
> ('17,4:', 'attribute http://www.cellml.org/metadata/1.0#^id not allowed\n')
>
> Pretty sure the model is valid, so is this an error with the cmeta:id
> attribute or the validation scheme ??

The issue is that an element may not have 2 attributes of type ID.
MathML elements already have an id attribute of type ID, so may not also
have the cmeta:id attribute. See rule 8.4.1 of the spec. So, if you
remove the cmeta prefix from your attribute, the model will validate.

Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Cooper MSN: msn at jonc.me.uk www: jonc.me.uk/

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found
difficult and not tried." - G. K. Chesterton