[cellml-discussion] CellML2Dot

  • From: j.lawson at auckland.ac.nz (James Lawson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML2Dot
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:18:40 +1200

David Nickerson wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> James Lawson wrote:
>> Hi Andre,
>>
>> In the workshop you showed us a slide of a program you'd made for
>> debugging models that showed all the connections etc. Is this that
>> program? I tried to get the source off subversion but it didn't work. Do
>> you have any tips on getting this tool to work?
>
> do you mean that you were unable to get the source out of the
> SourceForge subversion server or that you were unable to build it? I
> just checked the command on the cellml.sourceforge.net page (svn
> checkout
> https://cellml.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cellml/CellML2Dot/trunk
> CellML2Dot) and it worked fine for me.

That's what I ran in my console. Perhaps I don't have the permission or
something. It said it couldn't connect to the server. Here's what I got:

"jlaw060 at bioeng78:~$ svn checkout
https://cellml.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cellml/CellML2Dot/trunkCellML2Dot
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/cellml/CellML2Dot/trunkCellML2Dot'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/cellml/CellML2Dot/trunkCellML2Dot': could not
connect to server (https://cellml.svn.sourceforge.net)
jlaw060 at bioeng78:~$"

> If its building thats causing grief, then its probably one of the many
> dependencies that is missing. Hopefully the cmake process will tell you
> what it can't find, otherwise I really need to get around to writing
> some documentation....

Uhh.. I'm not really super familiar with Linux.. What is cmake and how
might I use it?

> oh, and yes, that is that program :)

Great, it looked really useful. I've been looking for a way to visualise
connections better than PCEnv. Perhaps, actually, it could be integrated
into PCEnv, as an extension or something, or at least the concept.

Thanks,
James