[cellml-discussion] CellML2Dot

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML2Dot
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:32:21 +0800

>>> In the workshop you showed us a slide of a program you'd made for
>>> debugging models that showed all the connections etc. Is this that
>>> program? I tried to get the source off subversion but it didn't work. Do
>>> you have any tips on getting this tool to work?
>> do you mean that you were unable to get the source out of the
>> SourceForge subversion server or that you were unable to build it? I
>> just checked the command on the cellml.sourceforge.net page (svn
>> checkout
>> https://cellml.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cellml/CellML2Dot/trunk
>> CellML2Dot) and it worked fine for me.
>>

> That's what I ran in my console. Perhaps I don't have the permission or
> something. It said it couldn't connect to the server. Here's what I got:
>
> "jlaw060 at bioeng78:~$ svn checkout
> https://cellml.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cellml/CellML2Dot/trunkCellML2Dot
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/cellml/CellML2Dot/trunkCellML2Dot'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/cellml/CellML2Dot/trunkCellML2Dot': could not
> connect to server (https://cellml.svn.sourceforge.net)
> jlaw060 at bioeng78:~$"

ok - I think that because you are behind the University firewall you
cannot access the subversion server directly, although using https you
should be able to get access through the institue's proxy server but I'm
not sure how to set that up...

>> If its building thats causing grief, then its probably one of the many
>> dependencies that is missing. Hopefully the cmake process will tell you
>> what it can't find, otherwise I really need to get around to writing
>> some documentation....
>
> Uhh.. I'm not really super familiar with Linux.. What is cmake and how
> might I use it?

hmmmmm....you might have a bit of trouble building CellML2Dot as there
is very little documentation ;-) cmake is a new style configuration and
build system which seems to be gaining popularity over older more
traditional multiplatform build systems. If you manage to check out the
source code there is a bit of documentation telling you how to build
CellML2Dot, but you'll probably find that it keeps telling you all the
bits you are missing and you'll have to install them. Come to think of
it, I think the CellML API is the only non-standard software required so
it might not be that bad.

> Great, it looked really useful. I've been looking for a way to visualise
> connections better than PCEnv. Perhaps, actually, it could be integrated
> into PCEnv, as an extension or something, or at least the concept.

Thanks.

Andre.