[cellml-discussion] cellml poster for ICSB 2007 conference

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] cellml poster for ICSB 2007 conference
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:57:52 +1200

James Lawson wrote:
> Dear CellML community,
>
> As promised, here is a draft for an abstract for a poster I am creating
> for the ICSB (international conference on systems biology.) The scope of
> the poster was outlined in the previous email in this thread. The
> abstract is attached and is close to the 500 max word limit stipulated.
>
> I am sure there will be many opinions on what should be in this. One of
> the main questions is: will these people know what cellML is? Because if
> so I don't have to explain it so much.

1) Lower case 'c' in 'cellML': The usual spelling is CellML.
2) Grammar nit: "can be embedded in electrophysiological models cardiac
cells in CellML"
3) "and distribution of models biological models"
4) " /cellml tools"/ - case
5) "powerful, open source software tools" => Beware of the political
implications of how you write open source vs Open Source vs Free vs Free
/ Open Source. I recommend Free / Open Source as the most diplomatic.
6) " There are plans for simulation software to be integrated with the
cellml.org repository" => This is not clear given that we already allow
PCEnv to be opened from the repository. Perhaps this should discuss the
production of a stable web service for allowing editing and tools to
programmatically query and modify the repository.
"and for development of new APIs for SVG diagram representation of
signalling pathways in simulation tools." => The API has been
implemented, we just don't have any SVG diagrams. Perhaps focus on the
concept of embedding diagrams that interact with the simulation software
(a mention of Sarala's visualisation work would also fit here if Sarala
is happy with this).