[cellml-discussion] installation of CellML DOM API: Core implementation for all platforms

  • From: jonovik at gmail.com (Jon Olav Vik)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] installation of CellML DOM API: Core implementation for all platforms
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 06:26:24 +0000 (UTC)

Alan Garny <alan.garny at ...> writes:
> > I have a trouble in installation of this source file. when I ran
> > "./configure" command in x11, there was an error message stating that
> > "configure: error: GSL CBLAS library required". And actually, I have
> > updated fink and also installed the "gsl" package already. What else
> > should I do to fix this error?
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Song
>
> Dear Song,
> Did you have a look at the installation documentation? https://
svn.physiomeproject.org/svn/physiome/CellML_DOM_API/trunk/docs/

> Hopefully, you use one of the Linux systems for which we have
> some documentation.

8-)

I am currently getting the same error under Windows XP with MinGW and MSYS. I
have downloaded GSL for Windows ( http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/
gsl.htm ), but apparently need to tell the configure script where to find the
GSL. Unfortunately, I cannot make sense of the following explanation (from
the
abovementioned web page): "If you will be using one of the dynamic libraries,
add GSL_DLL to the list of predefined macros; so for use with Mingw / GCC,
add -
DGSL_DLL". I think this applies to me, but have no idea *where* (nor *how*)
"add -DGSL_DLL". Is the "list of predefined macros" in a file somewhere? Is -
DGSL_DLL a command-line flag?

(Just to ensure that this is worth the hassle: Am I correct that the CellML
API
is the intended way to implement the surely-very-common workflow of "download
model from cellml.org; modify parameters; compute trajectory"? I would hope
avoid the overhead of parsing CellML for every evaluation of the ODE. What
would be a "good" way of doing that, assuming I have something that can use a
compiled C function?)

Best regards,
Jon Olav