[cellml-discussion] installation of CellML DOM API: Core implementation for all platforms

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] installation of CellML DOM API: Core implementation for all platforms
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:58:08 +1300

song zhen wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> I have read those documentations, but I am not familiar with this kind
> stuff, and the problem is that I don't really know what kind of the
> Linux systems I am using. Here is the information for my iMac: Mac OS
> X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Fink installed. Could you tell me which
> documentation in the website you attached is useful for me?
>
> And another question is that is CellML DOM API enough to open and use
> the model file that I downloaded from CellML? Thanks!!
Hi Song,

The CellML DOM API is a programmatic interface, and is the thing to use
if you want to write a program for processing CellML models. If you are
looking for a program with a graphical user interface which can be used
to edit CellML models and run simulations etc..., try PCEnv, which makes
use of the CellML API but exposes it through a user interface.

Although PCEnv builds on Mac OS X, there are a number of usability
issues at present, so I would recommend downloading a Linux snapshot and
running the Linux version in a virtual machine. We are looking to
improve OS X support in future.

Best wishes,
Andrew