[cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 20091118

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 20091118
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:28:44 -0000

Dear all,

First, thanks to the Auckland team for sending the minutes within 24 hours.
I, personally, certainly very much appreciate it!

Second, a couple of comments regarding the minutes:

- Point 3.5 ("It was noted that the syntax is slightly different from the
COR language"): it's true that the syntax of the "COR language" in OpenCell
is slightly different to that in COR itself. It (unfortunately?) had to be
done for several reasons, e.g. the use of piecewise statements in OpenCell
is broader than in COR (hence the need for a rather different syntax
indeed!), OpenCell (through the CellML API) supports CellML 1.1 while COR
doesn't, OpenCell allows for most elements to have parameters associated
with them (class, style, id, xref and href), something that COR doesn't. At
the end of the day, it is worth remembering that OpenCell aims at supporting
every tiny aspect of the CellML language while COR is a bit more loose in
that respect. There are clearly advantages and disadvantages to both, e.g.
OpenCell can really handle any CellML model while the "COR language" in COR
is somewhat simpler than that in OpenCell.

- Point 5.1 ("Dougal has put up a page with CellML logos in various sizees
and formats for publication purposes "): apart from a type ("sizes" rather
than "sizees"), I noticed that if you click on the CellML logos link
(http://www.cellml.org/community/about/cellmllogos), you do get a page with
the logos (a welcome addition by the way!), the "Community" tab is
highlighted while I believe the "About CellML" one should be. Also, if I go
one level up (i.e. to the "About CellML" page), I can't see any mention of
the CellML Logos page. I tried the different sub-pages (i.e. "Contact us",
"Current development", etc.), but to no avail. So, this makes me wonder
whether all the different web pages on the CellML website are linked to in
some way or another, as opposed to having to know the exact link to get to a
particular page (as seems to be the case with the logos page).

Best regards, Alan.