[cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 20091118

  • From: dj.cowan at auckland.ac.nz (Dougal Cowan)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 20091118
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:43:12 +1300

Alan Garny wrote:

> Thanks for the steps. It did get me to the right place, so that's all good
> and sufficient indeed.
>
> I certainly didn't notice the Plone redirection. As for the "Navigation"
> sidebar, I had noticed it, but somehow assumed that it was there to remind
> me of recently visited pages (I guess that the word "Navigation" is what
> confused me here), and since I had indeed recently visited logos...

The Navigation sidebar is a per-section navigational element that
provides "random-access" to items within the current section. This might
not be obvious, and could perhaps do with some kind of clarification.

As for Plone redirects, one can really get quite silly with them. For
example;

http://www.cellml.org/tools/tools/index/index/getting-started/specifications/index/community/tools/about/cellmllogos

I feel this is actually quite unhelpful, and it breaks the navbar, as we
have seen!

Comments on the usability of the site are always welcome, as we are
still actively working on it and we do want to make it as useful as
possible.

Dougal

database 4622 (20091119) __________

http://www.eset.com