[cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 20091118

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 20091118
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:27:19 -0000

> > - Point 5.1 ("Dougal has put up a page with CellML logos in various
> > sizees and formats for publication purposes "): apart from a type
> > ("sizes" rather than "sizees"), I noticed that if you click on the
> > CellML logos link (http://www.cellml.org/community/about/cellmllogos),
> > you do get a page with the logos (a welcome addition by the way!), the
> > "Community" tab is highlighted while I believe the "About CellML" one
> > should be. Also, if I go one level up (i.e. to the "About CellML"
> > page), I can't see any mention of the CellML Logos page. I tried the
> > different sub-pages (i.e. "Contact us", "Current development", etc.),
> > but to no avail. So, this makes me wonder whether all the different
> > web pages on the CellML website are linked to in some way or another,
> > as opposed to having to know the exact link to get to a particular page
(as
> seems to be the case with the logos page).
>
> I suspect that the word "community" has been spuriously added to the URL
> in the minutes. Unfortunately Plone does strange automatic things with
> incorrect URLs which mean that they work. Try the following sequence to
get
> to the logos:
>
> * Go to www.cellml.org
> * Navigate to the "About" section through the nav-bar at the top
> * Click on "CellML logos" in the "Navigation" sidebar
>
> This should get you to the logos page with the About tab highlighted.
> I'm not sure that the logos page needs to be more visible than this - I
suspect
> most people looking for logos will use the search function. But one
certainly
> should be able to easily navigate to the page without using search.

Hi Dougal,

Thanks for the steps. It did get me to the right place, so that's all good
and sufficient indeed.

I certainly didn't notice the Plone redirection. As for the "Navigation"
sidebar, I had noticed it, but somehow assumed that it was there to remind
me of recently visited pages (I guess that the word "Navigation" is what
confused me here), and since I had indeed recently visited logos...

Alan