[cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 20091118

  • From: dj.cowan at auckland.ac.nz (Dougal Cowan)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 20091118
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:17:55 +1300

Alan Garny wrote:

> - Point 5.1 ("Dougal has put up a page with CellML logos in various sizees
> and formats for publication purposes "): apart from a type ("sizes" rather
> than "sizees"), I noticed that if you click on the CellML logos link
> (http://www.cellml.org/community/about/cellmllogos), you do get a page with
> the logos (a welcome addition by the way!), the "Community" tab is
> highlighted while I believe the "About CellML" one should be. Also, if I go
> one level up (i.e. to the "About CellML" page), I can't see any mention of
> the CellML Logos page. I tried the different sub-pages (i.e. "Contact us",
> "Current development", etc.), but to no avail. So, this makes me wonder
> whether all the different web pages on the CellML website are linked to in
> some way or another, as opposed to having to know the exact link to get to a
> particular page (as seems to be the case with the logos page).

I suspect that the word "community" has been spuriously added to the URL
in the minutes. Unfortunately Plone does strange automatic things with
incorrect URLs which mean that they work. Try the following sequence to
get to the logos:

* Go to www.cellml.org
* Navigate to the "About" section through the nav-bar at the top
* Click on "CellML logos" in the "Navigation" sidebar

This should get you to the logos page with the About tab highlighted.
I'm not sure that the logos page needs to be more visible than this - I
suspect most people looking for logos will use the search function. But
one certainly should be able to easily navigate to the page without
using search.

Dougal

database 4622 (20091119) __________

http://www.eset.com