[cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 2009-12-16

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] ABI CellML meeting minutes 2009-12-16
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:35:54 -0000

James Lawson wrote:
> We (Catherine, Poul and I) were thinking that there are basically
> three places where you'd want to display / store this information
> within PMR2: in the metadata itself (thereby allowing it to be
> rendered by software, indexed and searched etc.), on the exposure
> somewhere (perhaps a rendering of the metadata,) and in the proposed
> blanket, site-wide 'terms of use' page.
>
> As Catherine has mentioned in the relevant tracker item (don't have
> the number on hand,) one of the issues which we must now decide on is
> whether to require that all models in the repository abide by CC
> attrib 3 or whether users can specify special cases.

We should be open and therefore allow people to go for whatever license
they want. However, they should be made aware that by doing so, they take
the risk of their model not being used, etc. This being said, some authors
might still prefer that outcome to not having their model on the CellML
repository?

Alan