[cellml-discussion] Fwd: [Fwd: Fwd: Curation flags]

  • From: c.lloyd at auckland.ac.nz (Catherine Lloyd)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Fwd: [Fwd: Fwd: Curation flags]
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 10:30:59 +0100

> Otherwise:
> - "Is the model encoded in a public, standardized, machine-readable
> format?": are we just talking about CellML or also FieldML, SBML,
> etc.? This
> is not clear to me. I get the impression that you are talking about
> any kind
> of standard, which is fine but I would like to be able to know, at a
> glance,
> the format in which a model is encoded.

> - "Are the date and time of creation and last modification
> specified?": you
> have included a comment asking whether "we want to make model history
> obligatory?" Personally, I think we do. In fact, I was going to ask
> for it
> before I saw your comment.

These points were lifted from the MIRIAM standard :

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/miriam/main/mdb?section=standard

For the first point we could absolutely add exactly which standard the
model was encoded in. And regarding history, luckily for us PMR2 now
date and time stamps any commit to the repository so this doesnot have
to be entered manually.

> - As a general rule, should the answer to any particular question be
> negative, it would then be good to be able to click on the 'negative
> flag'
> and be directed to a page that contains some information on what the
> 'problem(s)' is/are.

Point taken.

> - "NOTE: The above detailed set of curation flags will need to be
> condensed
> into 3 summary glyphs visable next to the model name on the exposure
> listing.": personally, the 3 summary glyphs I would like to see is the
> format in which the model is encoded, whether the encoding is valid,
> and
> whether the model reproduces published results.
>
> Finally, there are a few typos in your Excel document... :)

Err yes - this was already pointed out to me ;) I need to be more
careful :)

Catherine