[cellml-dev] Encore name suggestion - seems to be overused already

  • From: r.britten at auckland.ac.nz (Randall Britten)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Encore name suggestion - seems to be overused already
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 23:28:40 +1300

Hi

Both Adobe and gvox have registered trademark (R) symbol after the software
name, so I think we need to get some advice regarding whether it is a
protected trademark. Any suggestions where we could get the required
advice?

My view is that if there is nothing legally etc. stopping us from using the
name, then it is OK, even if it is already used elsewhere.

Regards,
Randall