Re: [[cellml-dev] ] Feedback on libCellML design document

  • From: Hugh Sorby <h.sorby AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cellml-dev] ] Feedback on libCellML design document
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:15:41 +1300

feedback

* I don't see the requirement to have embedded namespaces, one
namespace should be sufficient 'libcellml'
* model class should have method serialise/serialize and be passed a
serializer or makes use of a default serializer say 'xml', not a
method getXML()
* all objects should be derived from some base class with a name
and/or id member
* cannot see why booleancodomainvariable and realcodomainvariable
classes exist
* the overview of the object model makes no mention of the manager
class yet it seems it is required to create a model
* I cannot see the need for a manager class to create models,
certainly at the current stage of development where we are looking
to satisfy the first few use cases

Cheers,
Hugh.