Re: [[cellml-dev] ] libCellML use cases

  • From: Randall Britten <r.britten AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: cellml-tools-developers Mailing List <cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cellml-dev] ] libCellML use cases
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 02:30:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-NZ, en-US

Hi

Before I jump in and work on formatting, and so on, I think the bigger
question is: is this document considered valuable, and something we want to
incorporate into the LibCellML project?

If the consensus is that we should adopt this, then I agree that there is
lots of room for improving the layout etc, but we should perhaps also
consider something better than a document for managing lists of use cases
(UCs) (we’ve already discussed that perhaps each UC becoming a GitHub issue,
we could do that in bulk, or as we select what to work on next.)

I don’t agree that a use case should be worked on (including documenting the
use case itself) prior to the point that it is selected as the next work
item. This is based on my understanding of agile methodologies such as Scrum
and Extreme Programming (XP).

Regards,
Randall

From: Hugh Sorby
<h.sorby AT auckland.ac.nz<mailto:h.sorby AT auckland.ac.nz>>

<cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org<mailto:cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org>>