[cellml-discussion] [team-cellml] @cellml.org addresses

  • From: j.lawson at auckland.ac.nz (James Lawson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] [team-cellml] @cellml.org addresses
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:59:14 +1200

See below...

Andrew Miller wrote:

>>> At present, CellML meetings are open to anyone who wants to attend
>>> (although obviously the fact that they are held in Auckland limits that
>>> set from a lot of people who want to attend), and 'final' decisions are
>>> made at the meetings by whoever turns up.
>>>
>> I would really like to see a move away from this toward an actual
>> project management team. The current approach seems a bit too arbitrary
>> to me.
>>
> That does then create issues about who to include in this list (and what
> to do if people are away), which is always contentious ground. The
> current approach works well, so why change it?

What current approach exactly are you talking about? The reason for
changing it is to use the project team page as a sort of help page.
Peter is keen on this being implemented and we're just discussing the
best way to do it. At present I'm leaning towards the original idea -
just collecting some information about the key people in the CellML
project team, and providing that information, along with email
addresses, and a strong encouragement to use the cellml-discussion
mailing list. There is then the issue of whether we use our own email
addresses or @cellml.org addresses. Andre is keen on the latter, and I
agree.