[cellml-discussion] [team-cellml] @cellml.org addresses

  • From: j.lawson at auckland.ac.nz (James Lawson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] [team-cellml] @cellml.org addresses
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:27:36 +1200

David Nickerson wrote:
> Matt wrote:
>> This seems like it's going in circles. I'm not really sure why anyone
>> would want to contact us personally with something they didn't want to
>> send to the list. Thinking about this more we should probably try:
>>
>> 1) cellml-discussion at cellml.org
>>
>> 2) team at cellml.org - for specific enquiries that you don't want
>> publicly available. It would make sense to have a nominated person or
>> persons that address mail in there - James I would think - who decides
>> if an email should be forwarded to the list because it really is a
>> public issue - or respond and acknowledge the email and seek a
>> response from those in the team that it seems appropriate to.
>
> for all the same reasons why we dropped info at cellml.org, I can't see
> this being a good idea.
>
>> 3) a team page where everyone who is on the team-cellml list has a
>> picture and a small blurb (kind of like http://sbml.org/contacts/) ...
>> which is really just to give a face to those who are quite deeply
>> involved. I would imagine people like Penny Noble to be on that. If
>> someone contacts someone on that page then it will likely be quite
>> personal.
>
> this is exactly what we were originally discussing and the SBML page is
> what I thought we'd be working the cellml.org/team page into.

Yes this is exactly what Peter and I were originally talking about.
That, along with a prominent link to the discussion group explaining
what it can be used for. The only issue is whether to:
1.) put up personal email addresses,
2.) create job or name specific @cellml.org addresses, for each person,
3.) create only one, for 'private requests' (such as security issues) or
4.) just have the cellml-discussion address.

The rest is straight forward - this is what we need to decide on.
Remembering that if we put up open addresses, they risk getting spammed
into oblivion, which could potentially cause us to delete genuine emails.