[cellml-discussion] embedded stimulus currents in CellML models

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] embedded stimulus currents in CellML models
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:51:15 +0100

> > Shouldn't we therefore offer at least two different sets of CellML
> 1.0
> > files? One that only contains the model itself and another that also
> > includes some simulation specific information?
>
> I actually replied to this somewhere else - I'll repeat it...
> We just talked about this issue in the meeting. We decided that it was
> probably worth providing one with and one without. Obviously the one
> without would not be able to be simulated in PCEnv or COR.

You could still easily modify the model for your own purpose in COR (and the
same in PCEnv, I believe).

> > Though CellML 1.1 is the obvious way to go, we have to accept the
> fact that
> > most CellML users probably only use CellML 1.0.
>
> But is that because they a.) don't need 1.1, b.) don't know how to use
> 1.1 or c.) want to use 1.1 but don't because the repository doesn't
> support it? I suspect it is either a or c, since most people would find
> out how to use 1.1 if it was a tool they thought would be useful.

Depending on the end-user, it could be a, b and/or c, as well as the fact
that apart from PCEnv, no other CellML-capable software that I am aware of
can deal with CellML 1.1 models. This emphasises my view that we have to
make the CellML API easy to use and provide several examples of its use.

Alan.