[cellml-discussion] [TrackerItem 42]New: CellML1.1.1specification

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] [TrackerItem 42]New: CellML1.1.1specification
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:27:58 +1200

David Nickerson wrote:
>> From what I gather, publicity. We need some way to direct people's
>> attention to our intention to deprecate reaction elements.
>>

> sure - but its still not clear to me if 1.1.1 is making clear our
> intention to deprecate reaction elements or if it is making reaction
> elements invalid in a 1.1.1 version model?

I think that both are true:
1) Reaction elements would be invalid in the 1.1.1 specification I proposed.
2) Versions of CellML earlier than 1.1.1 would be deprecated by virtue
of the fact that they are no longer the latest version of CellML, and
therefore reaction elements are deprecated.

I think that people who look at CellML at present are not sufficiently
discouraged from using reaction elements, and I agree that a new version
is reasonable to publicise what we as a community think is the proper
direction for CellML.