[cellml-discussion] [Tracker Item 42] New: CellML1.1.1specification

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] [Tracker Item 42] New: CellML1.1.1specification
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:20:07 +0800

Hi Matt,

> I think there does need to be some description of what the parts of a
> cellml specification version number is and how it relates to the
> cellml namespace(s).
>
> My understanding is that the 1.1.1 was chosen so that this did
> represent a minor step in thinking for CellML 1.1, but that the model
> remains valid as a 1.1 model. i.e. A CellML 1.1 model is not
> necessarily a valid 1.1.1 model and a migration step would be needed
> to make it so. The namespace of a 1.1.1 model would still be
> http://www.cellml.org/cellml/1.1#
>
> I also think that this minor version should be marked in glaring red
> that it is precisely a depreciation of reactions step and provide
> reasons why and the tools to help people transform any models they
> have with reactions into ones that don't. I think there will be some
> debate around that - especially pointing to lossless transforms
> between SBML and CellML and back again with existing transforms
> available out there.
>
> My assumption would be that CellML 1.2 or 2.0 namespace would be the
> one where reaction elements become invalid if indeed 1.1.1 was
> successful.

you seem to be saying that version 1.1.1 is marking the reaction element
for deprecation but that the reaction element itself won't become
invalid until a 1.2 or 2.0 version is released? This doesn't seem to
match with completely removing all reference of and to reaction elements
in the 1.1.1 specification...maybe I'm missing something?

Andre.