Re: [[cellml-dev] ] Object Model for libCellML

  • From: David Nickerson <david.nickerson AT gmail.com>
  • To: cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cellml-dev] ] Object Model for libCellML
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 16:19:13 +0200

Hi Koray,

Annotations are always serialised as RDF/XML if they are embedded in a
CellML XML file, and therefore trivial for software to find and
extract such elements. Perhaps libCellML will provide some convenience
methods to access such "external" elements, but I'd be more in favour
of leaving that out for now. While we discussed it briefly at the
CellML Workshop, I don't think there is any consensus yet on whether
it is better to encode annotations directly in the CellML XML file or
in a separate file or resource, but I think its better for libCellML
to leave the processing of annotations to other tools, which could be
provided as standard libraries that sit on top of libCellML.

The thing libCellML will most likely need to consider is the
definition and management of cmeta:id's - for example, without an
actual object to represent connection elements, how do we provide the
ability to set/get the cmeta:id of that element in the XML
serialisation?

Cheers,
Andre.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Koray Atalag
<k.atalag AT auckland.ac.nz>

--

David Nickerson
about.me/david.nickerson