Re: [[cellml-dev] ] Object Model for libCellML

  • From: David Nickerson <david.nickerson AT gmail.com>
  • To: cellml-tools-developers AT lists.cellml.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cellml-dev] ] Object Model for libCellML
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 16:11:47 +0200

Thanks for the feedback Mike. The current plan is to simply fill in
the object model as implementation to support the use cases
progresses, but the general outline of the object model will be
similar to those earlier discussions. For example, I would imagine
there is no group object per se in the API, but rather a the ability
to define a hierarchical nesting of component objects. Similarly,
connection objects would be dropped in favour of relationships between
variable objects. Imported units and components are still components
and units - instantiation of imports is something that will likely be
handled quite separately.

Another avenue for feedback is to mock up code that demonstrates
various use cases. I have started some at
https://github.com/libcellml/use-case-mockups based on the use cases
we have so far
(https://github.com/cellml/libcellml/blob/develop/docs/usecases.rst),
but everyone should feel free to contribute such mock-ups - or even
better, actual tests! ;-)

As for math, its still a bit unknown - but bear in mind that libCellML
is designed, at least initially, to be a minimal implementation to
create and validate CellML models along with serialisation to and
deserialisation from CellML XML documents. Complete validation will
require, for example, units consistency within mathematical
expressions - but perhaps not the level of functionality you are
thinking. Perhaps those are some common utility type methods that sit
at a higher level than libCellML itself.

Cheers,
Andre.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 1:02 AM, Mike Cooling
<mtcooling.research AT gmail.com>

--

David Nickerson
about.me/david.nickerson