[cellml-discussion] curation annotation framework

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] curation annotation framework
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:15:27 +0800

Matt wrote:
> On 4/12/07, James Lawson <j.lawson at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>> So, for example in
>>> http://www.cellml.org/models/tentusscher_noble_noble_panfilov_2004_version01_variant01
>>> I'm guessing you have fixed the model to work in PCEnv (hence the star)
>>> but the model status still states "This is the original unchecked
>>> version of the model imported from the previous CellML model repository,
>>> 24-Jan-2006". Given there is still no curation annotation framework I
>>> think we still need to be using such a plain text description of the
>>> status of each model and thus you should update the documentation to
>>> reflect what you actually have done. This would also be the place to
>>> justify the use of a variant rather than version.
>> This particular model isn't one I've actually fixed - just one that I've
>> checked and annotated with a star to denote that it runs in PCEnv. As
>> such I don't know exactly where that version has come from - I can only
>> assume that it came from the old repository.
>
> So this is a variant of a version that does not exist anywhere? It may
> have been that someone thought the default for name for a new model
> needed to include a variant too.

it looks like the ten Tusscher model versions/variants are all a bit
confused. James has been curating the 2003 model which is actually the
2004 model. So the 2003 models should probably simply replace the 2004
ones and someone needs to check if the variant01 matches any of the
versions of the 2003 models.