[cellml-dev] Using the CellML API with Qt Creator (solved) was Re: CellML 1.10rc2

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Using the CellML API with Qt Creator (solved) was Re: CellML 1.10rc2
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 00:33:13 +1200

On 14/09/11 20:03, Alan Garny wrote:
> I just tried the libstdc++-6.dll file you sent me and copied it to the
> folder where my small CellML program gets generated (thus taking precedence
> over my MinGW's copy of libstdc++-6.dll), but that doesn't seem to be doing
> the trick for me. I am wondering whether there isn't a conflict with
> mingwm10.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll which, in my case, come from Qt's
> version of MinGW...?

Hi Alan,

I'm not sure how your environment is set up (the MingW that comes with
Qt SDK doesn't seem to include a make, so using CMake doesn't work out
of the box unless you have some other form of make installed), so I
decided to simplify everything and just write a shell script to set the
right environment variables and run the program.

I did find one issue: after checking out the binaries from the github
repository, the libcellml.dll file seems to be missing the execute bit -
which caused Windows to give a confusing warning about not being able to
load libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.

After I set the execute bit, with this shell script, your test program
seems to compile and run fine. It therefore appears that this issue is
completely unrelated to where the MinGW came from.

Note in my case c:/build is the directory with libstdc++-6.dll - you
could substitute it for a .

I am using Cygwin purely to run the scripts - but you could equally well
write a .bat to do the same thing if you wanted.

Anyway, all my hours for working on CellML for this week have been used
up (and then some), and these issues look like build issues at your end
more than genuine CellML SDK issues. I'd suggest that from here, you
look into what CMake is actually invoking (it might be calling a
different compiler on your system somewhere), check the permissions on
all DLLs, and use a dependency tracer to make sure that the correct DLLs
are being found. If there are still problems you can't solve this way, I
will be able to have a look next week.

Best wishes,
Andrew