[cellml-dev] Using the CellML API with Qt Creator (solved) was Re: CellML 1.10rc2

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Using the CellML API with Qt Creator (solved) was Re: CellML 1.10rc2
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:19:28 +1200

Hi all,

Just to update you all on the Qt Creator situation:
1. With libstdc++-6.dll from standard MinGW, Alan has now been able
to build a working test program using the CellML API and Qt Creator.
2. By default, Qt Creator builds Windows subsystem binaries, so it is
impossible to see the output from the example application, hence why it
looks like it isn't working.
3. I have grepped the output from objdump -p over every DLL and EXE
in my Qt SDK install, and got no hits at all (except for libstdc++-6.dll
itself, of course), meaning that libstdc++-6.dll is not needed by any of
the Qt libraries, and it is perfectly safe to use the version from the
official MinGW builds.

It therefore looks like Alan has successfully reached the point where he
can create apps using the CellML API in Qt Creator on Windows, Linux,
and Mac OS X.

Best wishes,
Andrew