[cellml-dev] Using the CellML API with Qt Creator (solved) was Re: CellML 1.10rc2

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Using the CellML API with Qt Creator (solved) was Re: CellML 1.10rc2
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:28:32 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> > It seems to me that you are overcomplicating things. The whole idea of
> > the Qt SDK is that you have *everything* you need to build a Qt
> > application. On Windows, this includes a patched version of MinGW
> > which does come with a
> > make:
>
> Okay, found it, I was looking for make.exe not mingw32-make.exe; I guess
> you are setting an environment variable or CMake variable to tell it to
use
> mingw32-make?

No, I just use CMake's -G option:
https://github.com/opencor/opencor/blob/master/makeproj.bat. Otherwise, in
my PATH, I have added the paths to CMake, MinGW and Qt (see
http://www.opencor.ws/developer/preRequirements.html).

> However, the point of the Cygwin bash script (or you could use a bat
> file) is to isolate the problem by giving greater control over exactly
what is
> run and what environment variables are set - so it is still worth doing.

My personal point is that I don't use Cygwin, so unless I am completely
mistaken what you are suggesting shouldn't apply to me. Anyway, you are over
your allocated CellML time for this week, so let's have a look at it next
week.

Alan