[cellml-discussion] ABI CellML Meeting Minutes, 21st April 2010

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] ABI CellML Meeting Minutes, 21st April 2010
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:45:27 +0100

Regarding "5) OpenCell development - update" and Justin's Scale work in
particular:
- How much time has been spent on this so far?
- Where can one get a binary version of the demo for Windows, Linux and Mac
OS X?
- What are internal DSLs?
- Where can one get the source code? (Incidentally, I really wish it had
been regularly committed to the OpenCell repository for people to see as
work progressed...)
- With regards to dependency management in Eclipse, has this been tried on
all three main platforms?
- How easy is it to deploy a Scala application on all three main platforms?
I would expect it be OK since it gets compiled for the JVM, right?
- To be 100% objective on Scala vs Qt/C++ with regards to speed of
development, one would be need to be proficient in both and try to develop
the same application using both technologies within the same timeframe.
Anything else will be completely subjective. I understand Justin is
proficient in Scala. What about Qt/C++? Has he tried to use Qt/C++?
Otherwise, let's not forget that development tools improve with time, so
even though something may not quite be up to scratch (Qt Creator comes to
mind), things will get better. (This being said, I would agree that Eclipse,
even with its problems, is way more advanced.)

Alan