[cellml-discussion] Binary and source snapshots for PCEnv on Win32 and Linux

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Binary and source snapshots for PCEnv on Win32 and Linux
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:23:00 +1300

Carey Stevens wrote:
>> Notes:
>> * It is unclear whether or not the MSVC8 runtime can be distributed with
>> the package. Therefore, it has not been included.
>> Win32 users who have never installed anything needing the MSVC8
>> runtime, and who don't have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
>> on their computers will need to download and install the following
>> package:
>>
> Hi,
>
> I have both the 2003 & 2005 compilers on my machine and neither seemed
> to be found. The application opened disabled. I did not find any
> information or place to configure the compiler paths.

If you can get to the GUI, your MSVC runtime is working correctly. I
found the cause of the issue you are having, it is actually due to a
problem with the Windows-specific launcher code, which was generating
the wrong configuration file for the backend (and it was using the
configuration I already had installed). I have now put a fixed snapshot
up. Note that in order for the new settings to take effect, you will
need to kill the cellml_corba_server process before starting PCenv (it
only starts a new one if the old one isn't running anymore).

On a related note, it turned out that gcc was not getting put into the
Win32 install. This has now been fixed.
> Another minor suggestion would be adding the standard "Quit" button to
> the file menu.

I have now checked in a new toplevel XUL file with an Exit option to the
File menu. This has been tested on Win32 and Linux. I have now tested my
Win32 builds using a separate user account, and with nothing in the path
except C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem.

All of this is in the latest Win32 snapshot (same URL as I gave before,
since the filename is based on the date).