[cellml-discussion] Binary and source snapshots for PCEnv onWin32and Linux

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Binary and source snapshots for PCEnv onWin32and Linux
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:54:31 +1300

David Nickerson wrote:
>> Assuming that there is an exception, the most likely cause is that you
>> are still using an old version of cellml_corba_server, with a new
>> version of PCEnv. This could happen if you ran the old functional test
>> build, and then installed the latest snapshot. If you are changing from
>> one version of PCEnv to another, I would recommend doing a "killall
>> cellml_corba_server" before running the PCEnv script.
>>

> well, I guess that did something. After a while the model now loads (at
> least appears to load) and I can look at all the variables and set the
> integration parameters. I then have these errors in the javascript console:
>
> No chrome package registered for chrome://branding/locale/brand.properties .

Thats okay, PCEnv doesn't use a branded locale, and this doesn't cause
any problems.
> Warning: function getFieldControl does not always return a value
> Source File: chrome://pcenv/content/controls/modeltreeview.xml
> Line: 1232, Column: 7
> Source Code:

That is a Javascript strict mode warning, the code which doesn't return
a value should never be reached anyway, but I have fixed it just to make
the warning go away (no snapshot yet, because it isn't a big deal).
> Then when I click the integrate button the status bar shows "Can't
> integrate: No model selected" and these errors are in the javascript
> console:
>
> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
> code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)
> [cellml_api_IRDFXMLStringRepresentation.serialisedData]" nsresult:
> "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame ::
> chrome://pcenv/content/util/Metadata.js :: setModelMetadata :: line 49"
> data: no]

Either your cellml_corba_server has exited while PCEnv is running, or
that means that the Mozilla RDF serialiser is generating invalid RDF for
the RDF triples it parsed out of your model. This is either a bug in the
parser (probably, not, it does well against the W3C tests), or the
serialiser (more likely, it is a mess). Could you please send me the
model which gave you these errors, so I can figure out why this happens.
> Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff
> (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [cellml_context_IModelNode.model]" nsresult:
> "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame ::
> chrome://pcenv/content/controls/graph.xml :: selected :: line 1136"
> data: no]
> Source File: chrome://pcenv/content/controls/graph.xml
> Line: 1136

Okay, I am guessing that your cellml_corba_server has exited. Did you
kill it while PCEnv was open? If you do this, you have to restart PCEnv,
as the CellML Context is treated as a service (singleton) in PCEnv, and
never gets refetched if it stops working.