[cellml-dev] cellml_services in java version of the CellML DOM API

  • From: m.taschuk at newcastle.ac.uk (Morgan Taschuk)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] cellml_services in java version of the CellML DOM API
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:13:27 +0100

Hello all,

I am having the same problem as Allyson is, on two separate machines.
The cellml.jar file is missing the cellml_bootstrap package. I suspect
that it may be related to a non-CellML library update. This machine is
running 32-bit Ubuntu 10 (freshly installed), and the other machine is
running 64-bit Solaris SPARC. Both present with the same problem - the
Java bindings to CellML are not present.

The command I am running to compile the CDA is the following:

> aclocal && autoconf && automake ; ./configure --enable-java
--enable-rdf ;make ; sudo make install

which has previously worked for me. The last working version of the CDA
that I have is changeset 2e4662b7db8c from Wed Apr 14 16:45:41 2010
+1200. I have attempted to pull a fresh copy from the repository of this
revision and attempted to compile it without success. I have also tried
to compile the tip with the same command. Yet, I have on this machine a
fully-compiled CDA with changeset 2e4662b7db8c , so it has worked in the
past.

The only thing I can think of is that the libraries the CDA uses have
been changed somehow. With a brief look through the make output, I see
that /usr/bin/install is run with a -c option. However, if I run
/usr/bin/install --help, it indicates that the -c option is ignored. I'm
not sure if this is relevant at all.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be welcome, I have saved
the output of the above command with changeset 2e4662b7db8c on Ubuntu 10
and put it online at http://drop.io/ih94gho171/asset/cda-compile-txt
since the file is too large for the mailing list. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Morgan