[cellml-discussion] Binary and source snapshots for PCEnv on Win32and Linux

  • From: alan.garny at physiol.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Binary and source snapshots for PCEnv on Win32and Linux
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:06:13 +0100

I have just downloaded and installed PCEnv for Linux (Ubuntu 6.06) and
though it loads fine, I don't seem to be able to integrate one of my CellML
files (note that it works fine in COR, but I know that doesn't mean
anything...). It tells me that "Integration failed: Could not compile the
model code." Having said that, I can see all the cell's parameters and their
value, so I am a bit puzzled as what could be wrong (I guess we need some
more feedback from PCEnv on that end). I checked the Javascript console and
all I can see there is: "No chrome package registered for
chrome://branding/locale/brand.properties." Any idea?

Also, it would be nice to have a quick tutorial to get one started. At the
moment, I feel left having to guess what I have to do. For instance:

- When starting PCEnv by double-clicking on "pcenv", I am asked whether I
want to run "pcenv" or display its contents, together with 4 choices. Is
there really no way to just run "pcenv" without having to answer that
question first?
- I opened a CellML file and try to integrate it, but after several tries I
noticed that I had to 'select' the model I wanted to integrate. I just
opened it, so why would I need to select it?! I suppose I must have played
with the interface and PCEnv eventually forgot I was working with that
particular CellML file?...

Cheers, Alan.