[cellml-discussion] Binary and source snapshots for PCEnvonWin32and Linux

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Binary and source snapshots for PCEnvonWin32and Linux
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:14:50 +0800

I grabbed the updated 20061020 snapshot and I am now able to load my
model and run an integration and get the results I would expect over the
default 10ms interval. However, if I try to change any of the
integration parameters and then click integrate I just get a bunch of
RDF looking errors in the javascript console. This also seems to kill
the cellml_corba_server and I need to exit and restart to continue.

Anyway, being able to run even the 10ms gave me a bit to play around
with in terms of the graphing interface which seemed to at least work
and I was able to draw some graphs. I'm guessing some documentation on
how to use the various widgets might help unravel the usability of the
interface. I should probably reserve further comment until I get to play
with some more complete simulation results...

In general, from the little I am able to currently use, the interface
seems a bit non-obvious...but thats probably true of most new
applications. A nice illustrated step-by-step guide would probably be
very useful - just something simple to start with: load a model, set
integration interval, integrate, and plot. Then re-run the same
simulation after changing a parameter and plotting the results together.

--
David Nickerson, PhD
Research Fellow
Email: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg